We are delighted to have Autodesk as our Premium Global Software Partner, providing free tools for the next generation of design. Through F1 in Schools, schools are provided software to support their teams through the competition season.
What’s more, introducing your students to 3D design and the F1 in Schools Technology Challenge is easy!
Are you looking for an engaging project to help unlock your students’ creativity?
How about designing a scale-model F1® car of the future?
Autodesk and F1 in Schools partnered to offer design tools to help prepare next-generation designers. Students and schools participating in the F1 in SchoolsTM program in over 40 countries now have access to an extensive portfolio of Autodesk® 3D design software free* of charge.
Simple steps to gain access to free Autodesk technology:
Autodesk® Education Master Suite is a one-stop solution to help you conceptualize, create, analyze, render, document, and manufacture your designs. Join the F1 in Schools program and request free* Autodesk Education Master Suites for your school via the Autodesk Academic Resource Center (ARC)*by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
How to Request Autodesk CAD Software if you are a Student
Students also have the opportunity to access their own free copy of the software for their personal learning needs by visiting The Autodesk Student Community.
For more information about how to request and access the student software please read the 'Student/Faculty/Mentor Software' section on pages 4-10 of the following document - How to Download Autodesk Software for F1 in Schools
Get started—request free access to our powerful design products:
Professional 3D design software
• Autodesk® Inventor® Professional software: Create and simulate your design with this 3D mechanical CAD, visualization, and documentation software
• Autodesk® Flow Design software: Wind-tunnel simulation software for your F1 car’s airflow studies
• Autodesk® Showcase® software: Transform your F1 car into photo-quality visuals for effective virtual presentation
Creative design apps
• Autodesk® Pixlr® Express app: Fun and easy-to-use professional photo editing tool that helps you build an awesome marketing portfolio of your F1 cars. Download the free app today.
• Autodesk® 123D® Make app: Turn your amazing F1 car 3D models into even more amazing DIY projects. Download the free app today.
Get up to speed quickly with our resources
Design and analysis of your car can start right now. Check out these Tutorial Videos to get you started with Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Showcase, and Autodesk Falcon.
Autodesk has developed training materials that will help students and mentors understand how to properly leverage the software solutions to design their cars. Check out these ibooks to help jump start the process.
Help your students design better, faster, and cooler F1 cars with Autodesk and give them global audiences by helping them prepare for the regional finals for a chance to compete at the National Final and possibly even the World Finals.
For more information about Autodesk please visit their website www.autodesk.com